Hundreds attend conference on women in business
Summit was founded by Kisha Zullo of Easthampton more than a decade ago
WWLP – April 21, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 5, 2017
Katie Blint, (860) 301-1541
Kisha Zullo, (413) 237-0274
12th Annual “UnStoppable” Women in Business Summit Features National Leaders from ESPN, Cigna, the World of Comedy and Wicked Good Cupcakes, April 21
Proceeds help benefit Junior Achievement of Southwest New England
(Windsor, CT) – Leading women in business, broadcasting, comedy and motivational speaking will be featured at the 12th annual Women in Business Summit on Friday, April 21, 2017 at Travelers Claim University, Windsor, CT, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The event provides a full day of discussion on topics related to leadership, money management, personal development, career advancement and entrepreneurship.
“More than 500 women start their own businesses every day in the United States,” said event organizer Kisha Zullo. “And in just the past few years, we’ve seen the percentage of women entrepreneurs outpace men by double digits. That’s why events like the WIB Summit are more important than ever to our lives and to our economy – these trends are unstoppable, and so are the women we’ve invited to speak this year.”
The WIB Summit is an interactive forum designed to assist women in achieving their career and personal goals. Nearly 200 attendees will have the opportunity to grow their network by meeting and interacting with professionals from across different industries in a small, exclusive setting.
Featured speakers for 2017 include:
- Tracey Noonan (CEO) and Danielle Vigalie (COO), mother and daughter co-founders of Wicked Good Cupcakes Inc., in Hanover, MA and 2013 “Shark Tank” winners on ABC
- Nelba Márquez-Greene of Newtown, CT, who founded the Ana Grace Project in response to the Sandy Hook tragedy of 2012
- Adrienne J. Lawrence, an ESPN sports anchor and legal analyst who finished high school by the age of 16, then went on to earn a masters and a law degree by 24
- Kerri Louise, Comic, Actress, and Mom who has written for Oprah Winfrey, appeared on The View and Last Comic Standing, authored the book “Mean Mommy,” and stars in “Two Funny”, a cable reality show on WEN
- Selette M. Jemison, Senior Institutional Investment Consultant, MassMutual U.S.
- Eliana Nunez, Strategic Operations Senior Director, Cigna Corporation
- Lois Barth, Human Development Expert, Motivational Speaker, Relationship and Career Coach, and author of Courage to SPARKLE: The Audacious Girl’s Guide to Creating A Life that Lights You Up
This year, WIB attendees will also have an opportunity to celebrate the success of “unstoppable” women who are making an impact in their communities through business. This year’s honorees include Alphie Mullings-Aiken, President, Junior Achievement, Jamaica, West Indies, who will receive the WIB Summit Community Excellence Award, and Courtney Scalaro who will receive the WIB Summit Youth Leadership Award.
Partial event proceeds will benefit the Junior Achievement of Southwest New England.
About WIB Summit:
The WIB Summit was created in 2005 to encourage, inspire, and educate women through the various stages of their careers. Created and produced by Events of Joy, the mission of WIB Summit is to develop a community of strong female leaders by providing quality programming and resources in an environment that promotes learning.
Sources: CNBC, Tech.co